The ABSF pilot and innovation fund is there to provide support for applied research for companies to enhance their innovation capacity, addressing specific agronomic or technical bottlenecks in relevant Agribusiness value chains. The private sector is in the lead for these proposals, though public partners (knowledge institutes) can be requested for the implementation. The Fund works according to a co-innovation approach with private and public players and has a 50% co-financing component. Five (5) of such co-financing grants will be provided until the end of the first project period (July 2016).
The general structure for administering this fund is as follows:
- The EKN, AACCSA and indirectly the ABSF subsector platform proposes thematic areas for the Calls for Proposals.
- The call for proposals are published on newspaper, AACCSA website and the website agribiz.et, The third call will be published on the 27th of September 2015
- Project Proposals need to be submitted before the 20th of October 2015
- After closing of the Grants Selection Committee, pre-screens the proposals on the basis of minimum criteria assesses the pre-screened proposals and selects a maximum number of proposals (as indicated in the Call) for funding by the ABSF program.
- The ABSF project advisor will inform all applicants before the 6th of November 2015 COB, informing them if they have won of lost the bid.
- Winners are communicated to submit their final work and financial plan to the project office within One week time and start work directly after approval
- The company reports before each financial disbursement on activity progress (both narrative and financial).
- The project advisor and other AACCSA pertinent staffs follows up with regular monitoring activities.
- Company provides final report upon closure of grant activity.
For more information please download the fund manual http://agribiz.et/download/fund-manual-for-the-absf-pilot-innovation-fund/ and email or call Gertjan Becx (firstname.lastname@example.org or 0912660725)